- Surge ‘very serious’ in Germany and ‘out of control’ in Spain
- Belgium’s deputy PM in intensive care with coronavirus
- Biden mauls Trump’s record on coronavirus in final presidential debate
- Australia: ankle bracelet option for travellers instead of hotel quarantine
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Czech prime minister Andrej Babiš (of the ANO party) has asked Health Minister Roman Prymula to resign just weeks after he took up the post, after he was caught breaking restrictions that he ahd advocated for.
Radio Prague reports:
Prymula, an epidemiologist, pushed for stricter measures such as closing schools and restaurants. But he met MP Jaroslav Faltýnek, head of the ruling ANO party’s parliamentary group, in a restaurant on Wednesday evening.
The tabloid newspaper Blesk published corresponding photos, which showed the health minister outside the establishment, not wearing a facemask.
WHO Europe has released new guidance ahead of the winter flu season.
Mix of #COVID19 & impending flu season requires health system considerations:
✅Health system preparedness esp. essential services
✅Effective risk communication/community engagement
✅Immunization esp. for high risk groups & #healthworkers