Maybe you want to know who’s calling without having to check your phone, or maybe you hate hearing the same ringtone all the time: Either way, it’s possible to assign each of the contacts saved in your iPhone with their own unique sound. Here’s how it’s done:
– Open up your “Contacts” and pick out the number you’d like to customise. Tap on that contact.
– Tap “Edit” in the top right-hand corner to open up your options. Scroll down to see that Ringtone is set to Default. Click on Default, then pick from the list of Ringtones.
– Do you want to make sure that a call from this number will always ring, even if your phone is set to “Do Not Disturb”?
Simply toggle the “Emergency Bypass” option to on. Now the phone will ring even if sounds and vibration are deactivated.
– If you really love making your phone personalised, you can also pick out a type of vibration for each contact, or even make one yourself. Just hit “Vibration” under “Emergency Bypass” to see the options for the different vibrations.
– Once you’re all finished, simply hit “Done” in the right-hand corner to save your changes. – dpa