KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): A total of 15 localities in Sarawak, Sabah, Pahang and Perak will be subject to an enhanced movement control order from June 7 to 20, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Defence Minister said the six localities in Sarawak were Rumah Panjang anak Umba, Rumah Panjang Tulu anak Sli, Rumah Panjang Duah anak Entingi, Rumah Panjang Balin anak Gema, SK St Luke and the Nanga Baoh Health Clinic in Batang Oya, Dalat
“The Health Ministry detected a sharp increase in Covid-19 cases within a week, when 27 positive cases were reported based on the screening of 40 longhouse occupants in the locality,” he said in a statement Saturday (June 5).
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said three of the five localities in Sabah were in the Tawau district – Kampung Blok 31, Kampung Sentosa, Blok 5, Hilltop dan Kampung Bukit Kukusan, Tanjung Batu – where 49 Covid-19 cases were detected through screenings.
He said the other two localities in Sabah were in Felda Umas 4, Kalabakan, and the Taman Permata Apartment in Sandakan, which recorded 10 and 12 Covid-19 cases, respectively.
Ismail Sabri said in Perak, three localities will be subjected to the enhanced MCO – the hostel for the Eco Medi Glove factory workers involving blocks A, B, C and D in Jalan Tembaga Kuning, Mukim Taiping, detected to have 75 Covid-19 positive cases; as well as Kampung Jelapang Baru (four cases) and Kampung Sungai Tapah (11 cases) in Mukim Hulu Kinta.
Apart from that, he said Kampung Gunung Senyum, Kuala Krau, Temerloh, Pahang was also subjected to the order after 22 positive Covid-19 cases were recorded from 112 screenings.
“The implementation of the enhanced MCO in all these areas aims to restrict movement and prevent the transmission of Covid-19 from these high risk areas. The standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the enhanced MCO are the same as previously announced,” he said.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the enhanced MCO at the Silimpopon Mill, Silimpopon Estate in Kalabakan and Kampung Melikai, Kuala Penyu, Sabah as well as housing estates and villages around Gau, Temerloh, would end on Sunday (June 6) as scheduled.
Commenting on the MCO Compliance Operations Task Force, Ismail Sabri said 952 individuals were arrested for violating the SOP on Friday (June 4).
He said of the total, 870 individuals were issued compound notices, 81 were remanded while another was released on bail. – Bernama